Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love is Always the Answer.

This past weekend has challenged me in a variety of ways. it has made me ask hard questions and it has caused me to pause. But more than that it has given me a new fire for loving both God and people. It seems like such a simple answer I know but it has so much power.

Love is the foundation of our relationship with God. John 3:16 says, "For God so LOVED the world that he sent his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." It all started with love and not just any love but sacrificial love.

Why?

Galatians 2:20 says "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but he lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Christ sent his only son to die for us because he loved us that much. But more than that in accepting Him scripture says we have been crucified with Christ and he lives in us.

If Christ lives in us then what should our lives look like?In John 13:34-35 Jesus said it plainly, "a new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." Did you catch that? Love one another. It's that simple. It doesn't say love people sometimes. It doesn't say pick and choose who you will and will not love. It doesn't say to love one another when it's easy or convenient for you and it doesn't say love one another halfheartedly. It says the one command I give you above all else is to love one another. And not just love one another but love one another as I have loved you. Love sacrificially. Love wholeheartedly with every ounce of your being. Share this sacrificial love with those that are easy to love and those that are hard to love. Love people in a way that costs you something. Love in a way that forces you to grow and grow in a way that forces you to change for the better, for Christ and His kingdom.

Love can display it's self in many ways so find the gifts that God has given you and then love on people that way. Love sacrificially. Love people where they are at and with the time and gifts God has given you to love them. Plant seeds and grow his kingdom. But make no mistake at any given moment we are either choosing to love one another or to hate. So choose love because love is of Christ and love is always the answer.

"Dear brothers let us not love with words or tounges but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment